Job Status: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Develop manual and automation equipment in support of Manufacturing. Utilize CAD and Modeling programs to design manual and automated machinery Generate operating instructions utilizing photographs, sketches, and written instructions to support manufacturing equipment. Supply Bill of materials and list vendors of components. Provide technical instruction to Managers, supervisors and operators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Work with manufacturing to develop the requirements the machinery must meet.
• Assure projects are completed in the time frame allotted.
• Develop 2D drawings and 3D models of machines, both manual and automated.
• Integrate off the shelf hardware and software into manual and automated machinery.
• Contact vendors and suppliers and specify hardware and software to support designs.
• Consult with suppliers and vendors on technical issues.
• Provide training to Manufacturing engineering on the operation of the equipment.
• Review and checkoff on work instructions generated by Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering.
• Program PLC’s using software provided by PLC manufacturer.
• Operate manual Mills and lathes.
• Able to use hand tools to assemble, adjust, and maintain machines designed.
• Read and layout wiring or Hydraulic diagrams.
• Properly follow all safety procedures and policies
• Maintains an orderly and clean working environment.
• Other duties as requested or assigned.
• This is not a supervisory position.
• Office work environment with frequent exposure to manufacturing facilities and periodic exposure to machine shop, assembly area and quality laboratory.
• Exposure to the manufacturing facilities may include noise, dust and dirt and being around moving machinery and other equipment which may necessitate the wearing of personal protective equipment.
• There may also be occasional exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity.
CLICK BOND WAY – KEY ATTRIBUTES:
• Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
• Models a positive attitude.
• Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
• Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
• Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
• Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. degree in Mechanical or electrical engineering.
• 3 years minimum experience
• Knowledge of manual and automated equipment design.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Ability to communicate effectively via verbal and written forms.
• Ability to maintain information and projects.
• Have a good working knowledge of GD&T and drafting practices.
• High skill level in CAD and modeling system software’s.
• Able to work closely with fellow engineers and other production personnel to obtain information and ensure drawing clarity.
• Able to contribute in design reviews.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detail oriented.
• Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment the presentation of new designs.
Additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before employees and managers of organization.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamental of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to interpret and apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• The position requires frequent sitting and occasional bending, stooping, balancing, pushing, pulling and reaching above shoulder level.
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. can be expected. Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. may be necessary.
• Frequently uses both hands for simple grasping and occasionally for fine dexterity.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• None - except if in machine design and manufacturing areas may need protective eyewear or ear plugs.