Job Status: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Tests, inspects, or measures internally manufactured materials or procured products to verify compliance with Click Bond or customer furnished engineering drawings and procedures. Completes associated documentation and reports. Makes entries in the Click Bond MAX/MRP system and Access data base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Use customary inspection devices (micrometer, caliper, optical comparator etc.) to determine product compliance with engineering drawings, purchase orders and associated aerospace specifications.
• Produce reports of inspection/test acceptance or non-conformance and make appropriate computer entries.
• Use programs in the computerized test machines
• Prepare materials for test applications, including but not limited to, machine work, abrasive blasting, hand scraping and abrasion, and meticulous cleaning.
• Mix and apply adhesives per appropriate documentation.
• Carry out thermal, mechanical, and chemical conditioning of test samples.
• Perform mechanical testing of test samples including operation of computerized screw drive test machines.
• Maintain full documentation of test program through pictures, notes, tables, charts, and computer printouts.
• Assist other personnel in the test department.
• Maintain test area, equipment, and test samples in a clean and orderly manner.
• Other duties as requested or assigned.
• This is not a supervisory position.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
• None - except if in manufacturing areas may need protective eyewear, face mask and/or ear plugs.
• If in manufacturing areas, may be exposed to adhesives (smells), bright light, noise, heat, cold, dust, etc.
CLICK BOND WAY – KEY ATTRIBUTES:
• Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
• Models a positive attitude.
• Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
• Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
• Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
• Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s Degree (A.A.) and a minimum of six months related experience and / or training,
• High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and two years of experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Certifications or Registration in professional organizations (i.e. ASQ) are preferred.
• Able to read and interpret documents such as aerospace procedures, engineering requirements, safety rules, and quality assurance manual with some assistance.
• Able to write routine reports and correspondence with some assistance. Able to speak effectively.
• Able to do computer key boarding and can use software applications including (Word and Excel).
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of general database software; MRP inventory software and manufacturing software.
• Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with some assistance.
• Able to compute rate, ratio, and percent with some assistance.
• Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form with some assistance.
• Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables with some assistance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to use hands and finger, to handle or feel product for burrs or surface finish.
• Frequently required to stand; reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to walk; sit and stoop, bend, kneel or crouch.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
• Close vision, color vision and Able to adjust focus, occasional microscope work is required.